[Answer] In a test of H0: μ=8 versus Ha: μ≠8 a sample of size 220 leads to a p-value of 0 .034. Which of the following must be true?(a) A 95% confidence interval for μ calculated from these data will not include μ = 8.(b) At the 5% level if H0 is rejected the probability of a Type II error is 0 .034.(c) The 95% confidence interval for μ calculated from these data will becentered at μ = 8.(d) The null hypothesis should not be rejected at the 5% level.(e) The sample size is insufficient to draw a conclusion with 95% confidence.

Answer: A
In a test of H0: μ=8 versus Ha: μ≠8 a sample of size 220 leads to a p-value of 0 .034. Which of the following must be true?(a) A 95% confidence interval for μ calculated from these data will not include μ = 8.(b) At the 5% level if H0 is rejected the probability …

Leave a Reply